Friday, June 8, 2012

Dior Addict Eau Fraiche, Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle, Dior Addict Eau de Parfum: new fragrances

Three new fragrances in the Dior Addict stable arrive in June 2012.  "Fashion label Christian Dior is introducing its Dior Addict fragrance line through a comprehensive social media push that includes a Facebook application, four social videos and a Twitter hashtag campaign to push the upcoming “Addict to Love” film." reports Luxury Daily. You can find the teasers below.

 Composed by in-house perfumer Francois Demachy, they promise to present lighter (or more intense, if possible!) interpretations of the original Dior Addict.


Dior Addict Eau Fraiche (freesia woody)
"Luminous, glittery fragrance full of freshness and desire..."

 Notes: bergamot, grapefruit freesia, white lotus, pomegranate woody notes, white musk


 Dior Addict Eau Sensuelle (rose floral)
"Soft, floral composition for a natural and sensual woman. A very personal fragrance..."

 Notes: rose oil, rose absolute rose essential oil, jasmine, white musk, cedar


 Dior Addict Eau de Parfum (modern oriental)
"Dior Addict is a promise..."

 Notes: silk blossom, mandarin wood queen of the night vanilla

 The new collection has the added bonus of being available in small size bottles of 20ml (perfect for carrying in one's purse) starting from 45 euros for Eau Fraiche and Eau Sensuelle and from 47 euros for Eau de Parfum.

10 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of the original addict, but I know lots of people who love it, so I guess this is 'stocking up' time for them.

    Honestly, what are Dior playing at? Is it really worth all this trouble to make all the production 'in house'??

    ReplyDelete
  2. MariaA14:17

    I loved the original and will try them all three. I have high hopes for the Eau sensuelle as I am in seaech for another rose scent! The 20ml edtions sound very appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Heliotrope07:24

    I'm sure the small bottle idea is handy, but the two euro price difference (I assume ingredients or the like) feels petty...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have worn and loved Dior Addict years ago, so I am excited to check out these variations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous09:15

    I can't comment on the perfume, but visually, the bottles are like the Dior addict extreme lipsticks. Especially the eau de Parfum, which has exactly the same packaging colour.

    Coming from a world-reknown brand as Dior, this looks sad and somehow desperate to me. I do not know why...

    -Marianthi-

    ReplyDelete
  6. D,

    I wouldn't know...Never was a fan. This kind of big floriental though always seems to attract people. Though the first two flankers are totally different compositions.
    I think they're also capitalizing on the design and name which is similar to their lipsticks line (big campaign there and if I'm allowed to interject a purely feminine view, they're rather good). If you notice there's a deliberate -to me- attempt at "sealing" everything with a kiss, so to speak. Lipstick-ed kiss, that is ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria,

    I wish more companies would bring out small bottles as well. 20ml sounds like the perfect thing to have around and test profusely. Then one can progress to a bigger bottle if satisfied.
    The Sensuelle sounds rather nice. I' picky with roses and would like a fresh, youthful, playful interpretation (do try the Goutals too for that, if I may suggest, available at Attica)

    ReplyDelete
  8. C,

    excellent point!! One wonders whether the EDP concentration is just 2 euros away from the EDT.
    Strange as it sounds, I'm sure they have calculated everything most carefully. It's amazing just how many people occupy themselves with tiny details just that in big companies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rola,

    welcome to PerfumeShrine and thanks for your comment.

    I predict that the new flankers will draw both old-timers of the original Addict and Dior customers who know the "addict" moniker from the lipsticks range.
    The light floralised/woodier approach for summer isn't a bad one in concept, so hope that they don't fail to deliver for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon,

    indeed, as you say, this is the very first I noticed about them as well (and if you look at the teasers, as I pointed out to Persolaise above, there is a kiss blown and some shhhht gesture in front of lipsticked lips which should probably give us a hint that this wasn't a random thought and they're clearly targeting the lipstick buying audience). Perhaps they're up to the point that they're better known for their makeup than their fragrances?
    This might not suggest a great fragrance within those particular bottles, but that remains to be seen, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine