Saturday, October 18, 2014

L'Artisan Parfumeur Re-Launches Two Long Lost Fragrances

The cult status of some perfumes, alongside the demand from a vocal audience online, has resulted in several companies re-releasing fragrances that we thought gone for ever. This the case with Venezia by Laura Biagotti, Yohji fragrances, the Patou Ma Collection line of vintage perfumes, or the 2014 relaunch of the three Helmut Lang fragrances (Helmut Lang eau de parfum, Helmut Lang eau de toilette and Cuiron).

via

Usually it doesn't help that either the newest launch differs somewhat from the older one for reasons of conforming to current perfumery allergens regulations (the case of Venezia), or that the price is significantly elevated (i.e. the Helmut Lang trio).  But it's small consolation in the heart of the dedicated fan all the same. L'Artisan Parfumeur has already re-issued one beloved fragrance from the discarded pile, Jour de Fete (review of 2014 version & comparison with vintage on this link). 

Now they're re-issuing another cult favorite, Tea for Two, much lamented and fetching high prices on auction sites, as well as an oldie from the 1980s, Eau de Caporal. Both are going to be part of the permanent collection with retail availability later this year.



L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau du Caporal was originally composed by the founder of the brand, Jean Laporte in 1985, and was an aromatic fougere laying mint over lavender and oakmoss adhering scentwise to an outdoorsy rough image of a military man.
L'Artisan Parfumeur Tea for Two is the original smoky tea, an aromatic spicy from 2000 composed by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti, reminiscent of Lapsang Souchong brews and something of a reference; a witty blend of black tea and gourmand delights, gingerbread and honey.

10 comments:

  1. Yay, Tea for Two! Such a great perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13:18

    Oh my goodness - Tea for Two coming back????? You just made my month!!! I read this and screamed out in happiness and had to explain to my husband the reason for my joy. I told him HE should be happy since now I don't have to pay $300+ for a bottle. I will also try the 80s relaunch. Thanks so much for this terrific news :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I've just gotten into perfumes and in the process I have read so many amazing reviews for tea for two. I was so sad to see that it was no longer available... But now I can get a sample!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never smelt them !
    I do hope they get to Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. R,

    it's good news to be sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon,

    you put in such a great way, thanks for saying so!
    Glad I made your month. ;-) :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sun Mi,

    I think it's great news for everyone. Hope you try it and enjoy it. It's a quirky perfume to be sure. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. M,

    they will, they're on the permanent collection, no exclusive stuff etc. For once!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought Tea for Two at a discount sale last year, unsniffed. I simply adored it at first sniff and it's one of my favorite Autumn scents.

    Curiously enough, the year before I'd bought a perfume oil on Etsy and after getting Tea for Two I realized it was a dead ringer for the L'Artisan scent! It's called Dead Writers from the Etsy shop SweetTeaApothecary. At first it seems to have more tobacco, but the black tea drydown is very much like Tea for Two.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous01:01

    Delighted at re-issue of "Caporal" -- the original was named for Napoleon-- it was a clean, brisk yet calm, scent, advertised as unisex . Two of my friends --one a college professor, the other a former nun --both liked it. I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Type your comment in the box, choose the Profile option you prefer from the drop down menu, below text box (Anonymous is fine too!) and hit Publish.
And you're set!

This Month's Popular Posts on Perfume Shrine